|Please get a paid subscription to access earlier scrap price data.|
|Please get a paid subscription to access more recent scrap price data.|
Paid subscribers get access to scrap price data from January 2001.
Table last updated: 11th May 2017. Next update: ~ 12th June 2017.
1) Prices are in US $ per metric tonne. They describe average monthly world export fob prices.
2) Scrap definition is Scrap: Old Steel as covered under harmonised system code 720449. This definition covers the largest category of internationally traded ferrous scrap.
3) Pricing data is compiled by MCI. It originates from national customs statistics of larger exporting countries.
4) Note that the latest price points (the last month in particular) may change, as additional customs data becomes available.
5) Final data point normally shows scrap prices per ton that are ~2 months old. [A short delay is necessary for data collection].