Steel Industry Directory - Trade Associations.
Company name: European Steel Association - Eurofer
Category: Trade Association
Business location: Brussels, Belgium
Expertise: Steel association for EU steelmakers.
Keywords: Eurofer, iron, steel, trade association, European Union.
Telephone number: +32 2 738 79 20
Fax number: +32 2 738 79 55
Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Other information: The European Steel Association (EUROFER) is an international not-for-profit organisation under Belgian law, based in Brussels.
EUROFER was founded in 1976 and represents the entirety of steel production in the European Union. EUROFER members are steel companies and national steel federations throughout the EU. The major steel companies and national steel federations in Switzerland and Turkey are associate members.
- 2020: Welcomes start of registration of Turkish hot-rolled steel imports into Europe, as a tool to ensure the effectiveness of EU trade defence instruments.
- 2020: Together with steel industry associations in the Americas, Europe, Asia and Africa, Eurofer urges the Global Forum on Steel Excess Capacity to expand efforts to address the growing steel crisis.
- 2019: Supports European Union action against Indonesian nickel trade policy. The EU had recently filed a complaint with the WTO against Indonesia's proposed restrictions on nickel exports.
- 2017: Criticises European Commission's decision to exclude Serbia from list of countries dumping steel into the EU.
- 2016: Calls for fair trade and a competitive level-playing field after identifying European Chinese steel sales at prices below the costs of production. Notes that dumped Chinese steel flooding into the EU market is directly causing irreversible plant closures and job losses across the EU steel sector.
To list your trade association in our industry directory, please post a link to www.steelonthenet.com on your website, then submit a supplier listing application form.