Steel Industry Directory - Steel mill electrode supplies.
Company name: Tokai Carbon
Category: Graphite electrodes.
Business location: Tokyo, Japan
Expertise: Graphite electrodes.
Keywords: Carbon black, graphite electrodes, fine carbon, industrial furnaces.
Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Other information: Tokai Carbon was founded in 1918 as the Tokai Electrode Manufacturing Company as a producer of high quality graphite electrodes. Today, the firm's principal activities cover the manufacture and sale of carbon black, graphite electrodes, fine carbon, friction materials, industrial furnaces and related products.
Tokai Carbon has developed the world's biggest electrodes which measure ~80 cm in diameter and are 3 meters long. Electrodes are supplied foir AC furnaces, DC furnaces, as well as for ladle (refining) furnaces.
- 2020: Together with Tokai COBEX, completes acquistion of Carbone Savoie International SAS, a carbon and graphite manufacturer.
- 2019: Completes acquisition of COBEX HoldCo GmbH, a carbon and graphite products manufacturer, and its affiliate companies [COBEX GmbH, COBEX Polska sp. z o.o., and COBEX (Shanghai) Ltd].
- 2018: Completes acquisition of Sid Richardson Carbon Ltd, a furnace black manufacturer located in Fort Worth, Texas, USA. [Furnace black is a sub-type of carbon black. Both materials are produced by the incomplete combustion of heavy petroleum products].
- 2017: Completes purchase of 100% of shares in SGL GE Carbon Holding LLC, a manufacturer of graphite electrodes.
- 2017: Withdraws from joint venture with SGL CARBON SE (SGL) in SGL Tokai Process Technology Pte Ltd (STPT) in Singapore.
- 2014: Acquires Cancarb, a thermal carbon black producer in Alberta Canada, from the TransCanada Corporation.
To list your graphite electrodes business in our metal industry directory, please post a link to www.steelonthenet.com on your website, then submit a supplier listing application form.