Steel Forum Help and Assistance
Message board instructions
- Registration: Registration is required to make full use of the forum (e.g. to post messages). User registration is quick, easy and free. Please visit https://www.steelonthenet.com/members/register.php.
- Forum access: To access the discussion forum, please click on the 'Discussion Forum' icon next to the 'Members' menu [see above] or go to https://forum.steelonthenet.com.
- Posting a message: Please select the subject category that interests you. For example, click 'Classified' if you wish to post a free classified ad.
If you then select 'New Topic', you will be able to enter your message.
Please note that there is a 'Subscribe to this topic' check box just below the message area; please check this box in order to receive email copies of any replies to your posting. Options at the foot of the page allow you to review or post your message to the forum.
- Editing or deleting a message: Clicking on the edit or delete button at the foot of any message allows the author of that post to amend or remove the message from the forum, as required.
- Social media: Once a message has been posted, 'Tweet' and 'Like' buttons (just below the new message) allow you to post your meesage on Twitter on or Facebook.
These allow you to get even more exposure for your message, targeted at your own audience.
- User information: A control panel offers all users access to a number of different pages, allowing you to:
- Edit your profile
- Change your preferences (e.g. for receiving email and private messages)
- Control your notifications (e.g. alerts concerning replies to messages etc)
- Delete your profile.
- Contact us: For message board assistance, please contact email@example.com.
Return to Steelonthenet.com Discussion Forum