Steel Industry Capital Investments.
- Algeria, Bidewi Group / Bellazoug Group jv, Relizane, EAF / CC / Bar. Phase I is 650kt rolling mill. Phase II is 500kt EAF and SSC. Phase III is 80kt slag processing plant.
- India, NMDC, Nagarnar, BOF / CC / +++. Rs 15,000-crore greenfield steel plant at Nagarnar in Chhattisgarh.
- India, SAIL, Rourkela Steel Plant, HSM. Mitsubishi Corporation and Larsen & Toubro (L&T) contract.
- Russia, Evraz, Nizhny Tagil Metallurgical Kombinat, Blast furnace. Construction of new 2200 m3 blast furnace No. 7 (alternative major overhaul of BF No. 6)
- Taiwan, China Steel Corporation, Kaohsiung Works, Ladle furnace. This LF will be the 3rd in No 1 BOF shop - to be operational by June 2018.
- UAE, Senaat / JFE Steel / MISI jv, Al Gharbia Pipe Company, Welded tube - Longitudinal, EPC. Production of sour service LSAW longitudinal pipe for oil/gas sector; in Khalifa Ind Zone.
- United Kingdom, Harrison Spinks, Scunthorpe Mill, Wire drawing plant. Two wire drawing lines (for pocket springs) being installed. Rod will be from British Steel.
- USA, Steel Dynamics, Columbia City, Bar mill. Expansion of Structural and Rail Division involving diversification of product portfolio.
- USA, Charter Steel, Cuyahoga Heights, Bar mill - alloy incl sbq. Mill will utilize precision sizing to produce SBQ diameters from 0.750 to 3.250 inches (19 to 83mm).
- USA, Nucor, Nucor Steel Gallatin, HDG. 72 inch hot dip galvanising line (incl pickling line) for Kentucky Sheet Mill.
- USA, CMC, Durant, Micro mill. Oklahoma micro mill, utilizing Danieli technology and equipment.
- USA, NLMK, Farrell Works, Reheat furnace. New walking beam furnace will replace 3 outdated furnaces currently operating at the facility.
- USA, NSSMC, Nippon Steel & Sumikin Cold Heading Wire Indiana Inc, Wire drawing plant. Nippon Steel & Sumitomo Metal Corp $50 m investment to build a 150,000 square-foot facility.
- Vietnam, Hoa Phat, Hoa Phat Galvanized Steel Sheet Factory, HDG / painting. Output will incl cold-rolled sheet, galvanized and painted sheet.
See also: analysis of plant and equipment suppliers
MCI maintains a database of over 1000 current modernisation projects in the international steel industry. This database contains individual modernisation records identifying the country, investor, facility, capacity impact, capital cost, capex cost per tonne, commissioning date etc. Please email email@example.com
or call +44 775 149 0885 for further information.