Steel Industry Capital Investments.
- China, Tangshan, Fengnan, BOF / CC / +++. This is a relocation of 8mt of annual production capacity to a coastal site near Fengnan
- India, Subramanya, Haraginadoni Village, DRI 2 x 75 tpd sponge iron plant
- India, VRKP Steel Industries, Halkundi Village, DRI. Expansion from one lakh tpa to 4.5 lakh tpa
- Iran, Sabzevar Pars Steel Company, Sabzevar, DRI. New direct reduction plant. 370 direct jobs to be created
- Japan, NSSMC, Hokkai Iron & Coke Corporation, Blast furnace reline. This is reline of #2 BF for Y35 billion (started operations Nov 2001). Furnace capacity to be 3,014 m3
- Mozambique, Baobab Resources, Tete Iron & Steel, . BOF / CC / +++. Investor is Baobab Resources with 13% stake, in partnership with the IFC. Output of long products.
- Myanmar, JFE Meranti Myanmar, Thilawa, HDG / painting. The plant will produce 180kt zinc and aluminum coated steel and 90kt pre-painted steel.
- Netherlands, Van Merksteijn, Van Merksteijn, EAF / CC / Rod. Investment by Dutch wire products supplier Van Merksteijn to come on-stream H2 2020
- Oman, Moon Iron & Steel (MISCO), MISCO, EAF / CC / Bar. 1.2 mt steel plant with 140t EAF and 5-strand billet caster will make 1.1 mt/year rebar
- Philippines, Steel Asia Manufacturing Corp, Compostela, EAF / CC / Rod. Scrap-based integrated plant making bar + rod
- USA, US Steel, Fairfield Plant, EAF / CC / Billet. Technologically advanced electric arc furnace with rounds caster to feed tube plant
- USA, Nucor, Frostproof , Micro mill. This rebar micro mill is expected to employ approximately 250 people and pay an average annual salary of $66,000.
See also: analysis of plant and equipment suppliers
MCI maintains a database of over 1000 current modernisation projects in the international steel industry. This database contains individual modernisation records identifying the country, investor, facility, capacity impact, capital cost, capex cost per tonne, commissioning date etc. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org
or call +44 775 149 0885 for further information.