Steelonthenet.com is a news and information website. We provide news, data, statistics and networking info - mostly free - to attract steel industry visitors. The purpose of this is two-fold
– First, it is to attract iron and steel industry advertising and thus help us to cover our fixed costs.
– Second, it is to promote our consulting business, because it is consultancy work [mainly international due diligence, restructuring, modernisation, feasibility appraisal] that represents our largest revenue stream.
The business model pursued by Steelonthenet.com is similar to that pursued by a number of fast-growing media organisations [especially prominent in the newspaper industry]. In this model,
– Free content drives consumer interest
– This in turn drives increasing circulation / viewing, thus attracting advertising revenues
– Ultimately this model generates profit only through strong management focus on fixed cost control.
Our target audience is global steel industry professionals, meaning senior and middle level steel plant management and including owners, CEO's, company directors and advisers. These roles span the activities of steelmaking as well as trading and steel distribution / stockholding and the activities of equipment suppliers, engineers, analysts, investors, bankers and consultants from around the world. OWNERSHIP
The Steelonthenet.com site is managed and operated by Metals Consulting International [MCI]. MCI is a limited company registered in England and Wales [company registration 4938719]
MCI was incorporated in October 2003, and is privately owned.
The Steelonthenet.com website currently receives:
– Around 4,000 site visits / day [~300,000 page views / month].
– A highly international visit base [US, Canada, UK as well as India, Germany, Australia, Netherlands dominate].
– A primarily English readership, with site translation mostly into German, French, Spanish, Chinese, Japanese, Turkish, Russian.
Current advertisers on Steelonthenet.com include Metal Bulletin plc, the Commodity Research Unit, GFMS Metals Consulting
The site is also popular with industry advertisers that include Handelsblatt, Metal Pages, IBC, Boru, Informa, Terrapinn, Steel Orbis.
For further information about Steelonthenet.com please contact:
– Office: +44 (0) 208 504 2805 or +44 (0) 775 149 0885
– Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Or visit https://www.steelonthenet.com/about.html