MCI Steel Industry Consultants
A team of experts led by Dr Andrzej M Kotas can offer you a concept check, a written feasibility study report or a due diligence appraisal of your investment project. The MCI report typically considers:
- The strategic context
- Market issues
- Technical matters
- A financial evaluation
and is usually a 50-60 page written report delivered some 6-8 weeks after commencement of the consultancy work. The consulting team usually involves a group of three or four consulting professionals [often visiting a steel plant in Europe, the Middle East or Africa]. If necessary, presentations of the key findings may be made by MCI to financing parties such as banks, private investors, investment funds etc.
Before the start of any work, we will provide you with a written proposal. This will describe the objective of the work, as well as the methodology and the proposed timing. The consulting proposal will also outline the names of specialist experts who will be involved, the cost of the work and the format of the project deliverable(s).
If a site visit is required, MCI will agree visit dates and prepare a list of questions in advance for discussion with management. Meetings with customers or with a trade association may also be required as part of the MCI appraisal.
If the steps above sound like they might be of interest, why not call us for a free no-obligation discussion? Please dial +44 775 149 0885.
You may also email our steel consultants at firstname.lastname@example.org if you prefer.
See Andrzej M Kotas's CV
Recent client work
Recent iron and steel industry consulting projects undertaken for clients have includes the following.
- Privatisation Advisers - Privatisation of Turkish Steel Group - Market, technical and financial due diligence report.
- Restructuring Plan - Modernisation of Egyptian steelworks.
- Technology Experts - Review of steel sector H2 & CO2 future technology developments.
- Techno-Commercial Study - Concept assessment for iron ore mine / greenfield beneficiation / pellet / direct reduced iron plant in Africa.
- Feasibility Review - Steel melt shop reconstruction study (replacement with BOF) for steel producer in Ukraine.
- Due Diligence - Written report on market, technical, financial and strategic positioning of Baltic States steel producer, and outline of principal turnaround options.
- Steel Plant Valuation - Discounted cash flow valuation of welded tube (LSAW) production plant in Middle East.
- Pre-investment Review - Construction plan for an integrated steel plant in East Africa, with financial evaluation, covering market, technical, financial, infrastructure and risk issues, plus site selection.
- Concept Study - Assessment of current status of steel decarbonisation technology and concept study for hydrogen steelmaking at a location in West Africa.
- Techno-commercial Review - Welded steel tube investment in southern Turkey, including Market, technical and cost-benchmarking evaluation of plant positioning.
- Due Diligence - Greenfield melt shop and rebar investment project for strategic investor in Nigeria.
- Performance Improvement - Technical assistance with increase in blast furnace coal injection rates for steelmaker in southern Europe.
- Business Turnaround - Preparation of national steel restructuring plans for European Commission.
- Independent Investigation - review of alternative modernisation options for leading steel plant in Eastern Europe, including railway wheel production, expansion of OCTG steel pipe capacity, and other options.
- Feasibility Study - Proposed EAF and wire rod mill investment for potential investor in the GCC region.
- Financial Restructuring - Preparation of free cash flow forecasts for integrated steel plant in former Soviet Union.
- Viability Assessments - Work on steel plant viability checks (and associated profit improvement plans) for regional Government clients.