|Please get a paid subscription to access earlier scrap price data.|
|Please get a paid subscription to access more recent scrap price data.|
Table last updated: 21st January 2023. Next update: ~ 20th February 2023.
1) Prices are in US $ per metric tonne. They describe average monthly world export fob prices.
2) Scrap definition is Scrap: Old Steel as covered under harmonised system code 720449. This definition covers the largest category of internationally traded ferrous scrap.
3) Pricing data is compiled by MCI. It originates from national customs statistics of larger exporting countries.
4) Note that the latest price points (the last month in particular) may change, as additional customs data becomes available.
5) Final data point normally shows scrap prices per ton that are ~2 months old. [A short delay is necessary for data collection].