Steel Industry Capital Investments.
- Bolivia, El Mutun Steel Co, Puerto Suarez, DRI/EAF/CC/Bar. EPC contract for 250kt DRI plant with steel plant & bar/rod mill + power
- Bosnia, ArcelorMittal, Zenica, Dedusting system. BOF (basic oxygen furnace) secondary de-dusting system.
- Germany, Saarstahl, Volklingen, Casting - billet / bloom. New caster named 'S1' for 180mm square SBQ billet.
- India, Sree Rayalseema, Aswathapuram Village, DRI. Capacity expansion from 35kt tonnes/year to 66.5 kt/yr
- India, JSW Steel , Tarapur, Tin plate line(s). New line to serve growing packaging sector tinplate market.
- Indonesia, Krakatau Steel, Cilegon Works, HSM. Investment in 2nd HSM; debt funding reportedly from Commerzbank.
- Kazakhstan, Eurasian Natural Resources, Kostanay , DRI. Plant site was prepared in 2015. Sokolov-Sarbay Mining Production Assocn will assist building work.
- Mexico, Frisa, Not disclosed, EAF / CC / Bar. References refer to 'new EAF based steel plant'.
- Mexico, JFE Steel / Nucor, Not disclosed, HDG. JFE Steel / Nucor joint venture for $270 million continuous galvanizing facility in Mexico.
- Mexico, Ternium/NSSMC jv, Tenigal, HDG. Investment will mean that HDG capacity doubles at the site.
- Russia, NLMK, Novolipetsk Metallurgical Works, Reheat furnace. New walking beam furnace will have a capacity of 320 tonnes / hour.
- Russia, Magnitogorsk I&S Works, Magnitogorsk I&S Works. Sinter plant. New plant will produce sinter with Fe content of 57.95%.
- USA, Nucor, Nucor Steel Kankakee, Bar mill. Bar mill for merchant bar, light shapes + structural angle + channel in markets in the central U.S.A.
- USA, USS / Kobe jv, PRO-TEC, OH, Continuous annealing. Investment is in response to increased demand for advanced high-strength steels (AHSS).
- USA, USS / Kobe jv, PRO-TEC, OH, HDG. Continuous HDG line (CGL) for generation 3 steels.
- USA, Nucor, Sedalia, Micro mill. Located in scrap-rich region. Start up expected in 2019.
See also: analysis of plant and equipment suppliers
MCI maintains a database of over 1000 current modernisation projects in the international steel industry. This database contains individual modernisation records identifying the country, investor, facility, capacity impact, capital cost, capex cost per tonne, commissioning date etc. Please email email@example.com
or call +44 775 149 0885 for further information.