Steel Industry Capital Investments.
- Brazil, Riveco Generalsider, Riveco, Coating, Concrete pipe coating plant for oil and gas industry pipe
- Egypt, Egyptian Steel Group, Al Ain al Sokhna, Steelmaking / Billet, This is 1 of 2 EAF billet mills (see below). Shareholder is the Industrial Investment Co
- Egypt, Egyptian Steel Group, Beni Suef, Steelmaking / Billet, This is 1 of 2 EAF billet mills (see above)
- Egypt, El Marakby Steel, Gizeh Works, EAF, Investment is being part-financed by $73m loan from several Egyptian banks
- Germany, Salzgitter, Flachstahl Works, PCI, $87m PCI capex for A+B BFs
- India, Government of India, NMDC, Integrated steel plant, 1st phase 3mt plant in Chhattisgarh's South Bastar district
- India, POSCO, Mangaon, Cold rolling, Will supply POSCO's galvanising line in Raigadh to serve white goods / automotive sector
- India, SAIL, Rourkela, Cold rolling, 1.2 mtpa auto cold rolling mill at Rourkela involving investment of Rs 5000 crore
- Indonesia, Gahapi-Nanjing jv, Medan, Light long, 1st phase is $100m bar mill. 2nd phase will be a melt shop
- Iraq, Erbil Steel, Basra Steel, Steelmaking / Bar, Joint venture between Erbil Steel and a Turkish steelmaker
- Mozambique, Motisun Group, Nacala Works, Cold rolling complex, CRM complex with HDG, corrugating and painting - in special economic zone
- Namibia, Otavi Steel, Otavi Works, Integrated steel plant, Otavi Steel is JV involving Groot Group, SDS Group, Otavi Town Council & the Andre Neethling Family Trust
- Russia, Magnitogorsk I&S Works, Kolpino, Izhorsk, SSC, Auto stampings, stamped panels, stamped-welded parts etc for Ford, Toyota, GM, Nissan
- Russia, Metalloinvest, Lebedinsky GOK, DRI, HBI plant - being built in view of expected future scrap shortages in Russia
- Russia, Severstal, Cherepovets, Environmental, Secondary dedusting system in 9mt/year converter steelmaking plant
- Turkey, Asil Celik, Continuous casting - bloom, Round blooms 300-600mm
- UAE, United Iron & Steel, Khalifa Industrial Zone, Coating, Construction sector focus incl HVAC
- USA, Butech Bliss, Salem, Pickling line [flat], Four-tank Butech Bliss/Nelson engineered pickling line, max coil weight of 74,000 lbs
- USA, Timken, Faircrest Steel Plant, Continuous casting - bloom, Vertical caster for production of SBQ 'jumbo blooms'
See also: analysis of plant and equipment suppliers
Top locations: See Top 5 capital investment locations 2001-2015
MCI maintains a database of over 1000 current modernisation projects in the international steel industry. This database contains individual modernisation records identifying the country, investor, facility, capacity impact, capital cost, capex cost per tonne, commissioning date etc. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org
or call +44 775 149 0885 for further information.