|Please get a paid subscription to access earlier price data (from January 2008).|
|Please get a paid subscription to access more recent price data.|
Table last updated: 30th July 2020. Next update: ~ 28th August 2020.
1) Steel prices are in US $ per metric tonne. They describe average monthly world export fob prices.
2) Product definitions are as follows (for further detail, see harmonised system 6-digit codes listed below):
3) Pricing data is compiled by MCI. It originates from national customs statistics of larger exporting countries. Figures cover the following 6-digit codes within the harmonised tariff schedule: Hot rolled steel coil 720839, Cold rolled sheet and coil 720917, HDG 721049,
4) Note that the latest price points (the last two months in particular) for each product may change, as additional customs data becomes available.
5) Final data point normally shows steel prices per ton that are ~2 months old. This is because a short time delay is necessary for data collection.
Get access to the latest steel industry news, prices and business intelligence.
Our subscriptions start from just $120 / year.