|Please get a paid subscription to access earlier price data (from January 2008).|
|Please get a paid subscription to access more recent price data.|
Table last updated: 23rd February 2021. Next update: ~ 24th March 2021.
1) World steel prices are in US dollars per metric tonne. They describe average monthly world export fob prices.
2) Product definitions are as follows (for further detail, see harmonised system 6-digit codes listed below). For further information on HS codes, visit U.N. trade statistics website.<
3) Pricing data is compiled by MCI. It originates from national customs statistics of larger exporting countries. Figures cover the following 6-digit codes within the harmonised tariff schedule: Hot rolled steel coil 720839, Cold rolled sheet and coil 720917, HDG or galvanised iron 721049,rebar 721420.
4) Note that the latest price points (the last two months in particular) for each product may change, as more current customs data becomes available from world markets.
5) Final data point normally shows steel prices per ton that are ~2 months old. This is because a short time delay is necessary for data collection.
6) Please contact us for other product pricing data covering heavy plate, merchant bar, light sections, rod, drawn wire, carbon or stainless pipe and tube etc.
Get access to the latest steel industry news, prices and business intelligence.
Our subscriptions start from just $120 / year.